Protecting Ourselves from Radiation
The significant problem of (CONSTANT) cell phone use among our young people has come to the forefront of my life as of late. When I first learned just how dangerous cell phones and cordless phones were years ago, I thought use of these handy but dangerous devices would be curbed as more information came out. Trouble is, there’s so much money in their use, the media isn’t educating on the dangers. Why should they? Cell phones bring in major revenue first with the sale of the devices and then with the monthly charges. Then there’s the issue of how companies can profile people…like your teenage kids…and create marketing plans based on usage and commenting. So…I’m updating this article and republishing. Hopefully that will help a few more people wake up.
Most of this article comes from my notes of a session on the dangers of Electromagnetic Frequencies presented by Mary Cordaro at the recent Weston A Price Foundation conference. Mary’s website is packed with science and helpful hints on how to protect us from the harmful wavelengths in the world today, as well as other environmental concerns. I encourage you to explore it as well as the site of the folks at Defender Shield who were also at the conference. I’m under the impression that RFSafe and EarthCalm are also reputable places for information and safety devices; I personally use their products, too.
To learn more about specific types and sources of EMFs, I went to greenfacts.org. You might want to do the same. Knowledge is power.
SAFETY MEASURES and POINTS OF INTEREST:
ELF – (Extremely low frequencies) – comes from wired devices
- At desks, move cables/power strips as far away from your feet as possible
- Unplug as much as you can in your room at bedtime
- No electric blankets
- Use battery operated clock
- If you are really electromagnetically sensitive – turn circuits to bedroom (and around bedroom) off – do this after they have been inspected so you’re sure they are safe.
- Explore home safety devices.
HF – (High frequency – digital microwave – pulsed radiation – cordless phones)
- Antennasearch.com – see how close cell towers are to your house
- Cordless Phones:
- Are like a mini cell tower – always emitting
- Use no more than 900 megahertz
- Use sparingly
- Use speaker if equipped with such
- Investigate protective stickers that can be placed near the battery
- I found a great article on HF-EMFs here.
- All smart phones and tablets emit radio frequency electrical magnetic fields 10-15 feet out when in standby mode
- No pregnant women or children should use them
- Use corded phones at home (not cordless! – see above)
- Everyone should minimize cell phone use
- Use a well-researched protective device like DEFENDER SHIELD Cell Phone Protection
- Talk on speaker
- Use Blue TUBE (not Bluetooth!)
- Place phone at least 15 feet from people
- Put smart phone in airplane mode as often as possible (there still is some radiation still, but much less)
- ADDICTING (please research…here’s a start)
- Radiate 10-15 feet, so…
- Keep in airplane mode as much as possible
- Research and use a protective device i.e. DEFENDER SHIELD Tablet Protection
Wi-Fi (many studies are out there including studies in rats that showed Wi-Fi increases oxidative stress)
- Keep in mind that the Wi-Fi harmful wavelengths come from both the router and the device hooked up to the Net
- If you can, remove Wi-Fi from your home and use a hardwired Internet connection (I did!)
- Turn off your router at night
- Move router away from people, especially children
- ADDED NOTE: WIFI IN SCHOOL IS VERY DANGEROUS, ESP. IN ROOMS WITH MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER BECAUSE EVERY DEVICE IS EMITTING RADIATION – How many wifi computers are in your child’s classroom?
- Have dirty electricity that cannot be shielded.
- Learn more at www.smartmetereducationnetwork.com and www.michiganstopsmartmeters.com
Dirty electricity is a problem if you have Romex (as opposed to metal tubing). To reduce it:
- Avoid dimmer switches
- Use incandescent bulbs
- Avoid halogen lamps
Flat Screen Televisions
- AC magnetic radiation from a flat screen is relatively low (lower than the fatter TVs used to be).
- AC electric radiation, however, remains for up to 8 hours after turning the television off.
Additional website that was strongly recommended:
- Objective research – www.bioinitiative.org
Since I originally wrote this article in 2015, I got a smart phone. It’s in airplane mode most of the time, and I have worked through the addicting habit of constantly checking it or using it for information/social media. Not easy!
Additionally, in the last 2 years thousands of additional cell towers have been erected around the U.S. Nearly every school USA has wifi, as do libraries, restaurants, hotels – who doesn’t? It’s not that the dangers magically went away one day…we’ve just gotten complacent and trust that if the government allows it, it must be safe. I wish that were so, but it’s not.